Test SSL Document is ideal for anyone requiring ascertain of easiness of installation, verification of quality level theoretical support and also agreement of sympathy with the majority of the browsers that exist today.
Installing a test digital certificate on the local server is not a big issue. You can get a free test SSL certificate and have it installed in your own local website. Get your local site secured with an SSL certificate and check out the functions performed by the Cheap SSL certificate. One just needs to follow a series of steps for this.
Step 1: Generate a CSR (Certificate Signing Request)
- Open Internet Information Services located in Administrative Tools menu.
- You will see the list of sites. Select the one you wish to secure and right-click and move to properties.
- You should click on Directory Security tab.
- Under Secure Communications, you will find Server Certificate button. Select it.
- Click next on the start-up screen. After then, select ‘Create a new certificate’.
- After selecting 'Prepare the request now, but send it later', click Next.
- For name you can enter Default Web Site and select 1024 bit length. Click Next.
- Enter Authorized Company for Organization and Authorized Unit for Organizational Unit.
- For common name, enter the web address of your local PC. If you don’t have one then you can just enter localhost. Click Next.
- Select your country, state and city. Then next.
- Browse to the location where you want to save the file and click Next then click Next again.
- Click finish, that part is done.
Step 2: Ask for your certificate
- Enter the information asked for. The amount of information you need to enter will depend on the type of provider. But a valid email-id necessary for all providers.
- Open the CSR file and paste it in the text box.
- Click on SUBMIT.
- You will need to verify your details. After verifying click on Submit Request.
- Success. You will now see a notice saying that you will get an email.
Step 3: Set Up Your Certificate.
- Open the mail.
- Now, copy information in the mail after "Your Trial Web Server Certificate" (or similar) and paste in to a notepad file. Don’t forget the start and end header and footer. Don’t try to copy anything else.
- Save the file with a .cer as the extension.
- Open Internet Information Service.
- Select your name of the computer and the web site.
- Right-click the site and select Properties.
- Click the Directory Security tab.
- Click the Server Certificate button.
- The start-up comes up, click next.
- Select 'Process the pending request and install the certificate', Click Next.
- Select your .cer file you created and then click Next.
- Verify the info and click on Next.
- Click Finish.
- Success. You have successfully created a test digital certificate.
You now feature a employed Cheap SSL Certificate in IIS. The browser will advise you that the certificate is invalid and is from a non-trusted CA. However it will provide you to endeavor whatsoever SSL codes for untroubled connections and added activities in your topical server. Get a examine SSL credentials from Thawte or VeriSign and take writer virtually the functions of SSL Certificates, before afoot onto a fully serviceable SSL Certificates.